Let The Magic Begin

Post date: Friday 3 January 2014

After months of wistfully perusing the Hogwarts collection on the Black Milk website, I finally purchased the First Year Swimsuit in their Cyber Monday sale.


I was slightly intimidated by the idea of buying and wearing something from Black Milk, as they have a huge, dedicated fan base that I am not a part of. However, the familiar faces of Harry Ron and Hermione were so comforting to me that I figured I'd be ok wearing this. I chose a swim over the Marauders Map Dress or Gryffindor Leggings as we all know I despise body-con items, and I'm quite picky when it comes to leggings and wasn't sure I'd like the fit of them. 
When it arrived it was like Christmas had come early, the quality of both the material and the image printed on it were beautiful, and it fitted like a dream! Black Milk were kind enough to provide a rather extensive list of care instructions, which were meticulous enough to deter me slightly from even wearing it out the house (I bought it with the intention of wearing it both in the pool and out) however I'm sure I'll pluck up the courage to wear it soon, I'm just waiting for the right occasion. 
When I tried it on with one of my many skater skirts, I was slightly disappointed to find that the waistband of the skirt sits right on Harry's forehead, meaning the only visible faces are Dumbledore and Hedwig; I'll have to do a bit of brainstorming and figure out a different way to wear it out and about, because I can't very well wear a Harry Potter swimsuit with the protagonist's face remaining hidden. 
All in all, I am very pleased with the product and am glad I took the leap of faith and finally purchased it. As to whether I'd spend that much money again on an item of clothing from Black Milk, probably not; purely because I find myself too scared to wear expensive items of clothing often and therefore never end up getting my money's worth. However, I would certainly recommend indulging in one purchase if there's something on the site you've had your eye on, as the quality and designs are second to none.




I hope you all had a lovely festive period and are enjoying 2014 so far! Now that all the Christmas stress is over, I'm going to be posting regularly again and already have loads of posts planned (probably more for my enjoyment than yours but hey-ho).
KJ xo
3 people left notes on Let The Magic Begin
  1. I love this. One thing I get angry about is the one time I splurge I get a bit disappointed, HOWEVER, I love this idea of yours. Side question: are you solely a Harry Potter fan or do you like (LOTR) Lord of The Rings too?

    shikhsss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Geeky comment alert) I've always been a massive Harry Potter fan since I can remember, and it's basically my entire childhood so first and foremost I'm a Potterhead! Recently my boyfriend sat me down and made me watch the LOTR trilogy and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it once I realised there was a lot more to it than bows and arrows so I wouldn't rule out purchasing any of the LOTR collection!
      KJ xo

      Delete
  2. Oh man, now I really want one of those. I love Harry Potter. I've recently been obsessed with Charmed. You might like it if you liked HP (:
    ~Makaela at www.makaelassuitcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete