A Week on the Farm

Post date: Friday 21 February 2014

Every February my boyfriend's family takes a trip down to Cornwall to spend a week on Tredethick Farm. Having gone with them last year and fallen completely and utterly in love with it, I was super excited to have the pleasure of returning this year (and this time snap a lot of photos!). 
The odds were stacked against us what with the recent storms and floods, but on Saturday at the crack of dawn, we packed up the car and braved the two hour journey down to the little Cornish farm. Fully kitted out in my wellies, dungarees and checked shirt, I breathed in the fresh smell of manure and felt a sense of relaxation that you just don't get in a city like Bristol. Ok, so the sense of relaxation may have had something to do with the cosy cottages, hot tub and swimming pool, but I definitely realised that maybe I'm more of a country girl... if the countryside had a Topshop.
I had the loveliest few days feeding lambs, star-gazing from the hot tub and indulging in too much pasta and wine. I also took my Canon everywhere with me, determined not to miss a good shot, and ended up with hundreds of photos to sift through when I got home. Of course, it's easy to take beautiful photos when you're in such a beautiful location, but I wanted to share some of my favourites on here.

The farm is made up of nine beautiful cottages, and we were staying in Granary, one of the biggest. It had a cosy log fire, beautiful stone walls and complimentary scones... pure bliss.









My favourite thing about the farm is of course the animals; call me crazy but I'd take a week of petting lambs and pigs over a week in the sun any day! 










The games room definitely brought out my competitive side as me and Joe engaged in a sort of heptathlon of table tennis, snooker and table football. I lost all but two games of table football, but no more needs to be said about that.



The whole farm itself is beautiful, and retains a lot of its original features whilst still being a perfect holiday destination.







For us teenagers, the main attraction was probably the hot tub. Nothing beats stepping from the brisk cold in to the bubbling water and sitting back to watch the horses grazing on the horizon (or taking a late night dip with a glass of wine!).





On our last day we decided to take a little trip to Fowey, a local village which had some beautiful views that unfortunately my camera couldn't quite do justice due to it being a pretty grey day. After refusing to step foot on a questionable-looking ferry to cross the choppy waters, we stopped for a spot of lunch and headed home.







Have you been away recently?
KJ xo
3 people left notes on A Week on the Farm
  1. Stunning pics! Great photographer! I would love to be able to get there, looks so relaxing...

    My giveaway: http://www.beautybellenotes.com/2014/02/win-free-headerlogo-design-for-your.html

    xoxo,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It always means alot when people compliment my photography :)
      KJ xo

      Delete
  2. Aw wow, it really does look like a fun holiday getaway. I can agree, I prefer the countryside more so than the city. It's so beautiful, and your pictures are equally beautiful, especially of the landscapes.

    Jes | Naturally Jes

    ReplyDelete