Recipe: No Bake Cookies

Post date: Saturday 12 April 2014

Lately I've found myself wanting to bake all. the. time.
 There's something about the sun coming out that makes me want to whip up cupcakes and cookies and pavlovas and pies! 
Today, I decided to try out a new recipe; the "No Bake Cookies". Peanut butter and chocolate is one of my all time favourite flavour combinations, and so I was drawn in by the beautiful idea of a quick and easy recipe that results in a whole batch of peanut butter and chocolate flavoured cookies. (Also, oats being the main ingredient means they're a tad healthier than regular cookies, rejoice!)
The process of making the cookies only takes about ten minutes, although they do have to be left in the fridge to cool which can take up to two and a half hours. They're a great option if you need a sugar hit fast, or if you're not quite up to Great British Bake Off standards!

 You will need: 1 cup peanut butter | 115g butter | 3 cups oats | 2 cups sugar | 1/2 cup milk | 4tbsp cocoa

Melt the butter in a saucepan big enough to fit all the ingredients in.


Add the sugar, milk and cocoa, and stir for a minute.


Pour in the oats...



... and dollop on the peanut butter. 


Stir it all up in to a delicious gooey mess!
  
Spoon out blobs of the mixture on to a tray lined with greaseproof paper. Pop them in the fridge.


Once they've solidified, stack them up and dig in! 


I'll admit, they're not the most aesthetically pleasing of treats but they taste pretty darn good!

Let me know if you try out this recipe and don't forget to enter my giveaway!
KJ xo

Leave a note