Umberto Giannini Painted Lady Talons - Nail Wrap Review

Post date: Wednesday 2 April 2014

I have been wanting to test out a set of nail wraps for ages now; there's something very appealing about being able to just stick a pattern on your nail with the promise of it lasting for a whole week, especially when you're as lazy as me. However they can be pretty pricey and I wasn't ready to drop £10 on a product that may or may not work for me. Whilst making an enthralling purchase of sixty hair grips in Boots the other day, I saw these Umberto Giannini nail wraps in the clearance bin for just £2 and I couldn't resist giving them a go.




 I read the instructions meticulously, and watched multiple YouTube tutorials on applying various wraps in an effort to get to grips with the technique. I washed, filed, buffed and re-washed my nails to ensure there was no oil left on the surface. I then proceeded to chose ten of the eighteen wraps to fit my nails. The instructions call for you to trim the wrap down before applying it, but this seemed a bit fiddly and inaccurate for my liking and none of the beauty gurus whose tutorials I had watched bothered to do so, so of course I didn't either. Instead, I placed the wraps on my nails, warming them up slightly with a hair-dryer and using a cotton swab to press them in to place. I used a nail file to gently file off the excess wrap and sat back to admire the result.


Given that this was my first attempt at such a high-tech process, there wasn't much admiring to be done. A lot of the wraps looked raggedy at the edges where I had filed them off, fine from a distance but unacceptable if anyone is going to be inspecting my talons. I only managed to achieve a perfect finish on two nails, and I am highly impressed with those. The wraps stick on easily and they last well, so if unlike me you have already perfected the art of filing them down then I would certainly recommend this product. They come in a cute array of patterns and are less pricey than some others I have seen on the market. I will definitely be purchasing some more next time I want some jazzy nails for a special occasion (these snakeskin ones might be a little too sassy for me!), and to ensure I get use out of all eighteen wraps, I am saving the eight I didn't apply to use as accent nails in future manicures.

Have you tried these or any other nail wraps? Let me know! 

I'm super close to 100 followers on Bloglovin now and am going to do a giveaway when I reach that number, so please don't forget to follow me!
KJ xo

Leave a note