Home-spiration

Post date: Monday 12 May 2014

Lately I've found myself lusting after homeware as opposed to fashion and beauty products; take me to the garden centre over Topshop any day! I've got a burning desire inside me to buy a flat and fill it up with gorgeous lamps, beautifully scented candles and cute baking accessories. Of course, that's a little unrealistic financially, so I'm looking towards September when I'll be moving in to university halls and have a complete blank canvas of a room to jazz up.
I am madly in love with this Mathieu Challieres bird cage lamp, it would be the perfect statement piece for an otherwise simply decorated room (unfortunately the price tag makes quite a statement, as well!). I've also followed the crowd and got really in to glass jars lately, they're so simplistic and create a slightly rustic feel, they're also convenient as you can store pretty much anything in them; sugar, tea, milk, cereal, pebbles...
I'm also a stickler for any classic brands, such as Cath Kidston and Emma Bridgewater; their pieces are so recognisable and make everyone feel at home. Kooky wall art is also a must for me, witty slogans and classic posters add a lot of character to a room.
1. Mathieu Challieres Bird Cage Table Lamp - Liberty, £395 // 2. Large Jar Candle in "Fresh Cut Roses" - Yankee Candle, £19.99 // 3. Small Jar Candle in "Mango Peach Salsa" - Yankee Candle, £7.99 // 4. Glass Milk Bottle - Debenhams, £3 // 5. "Lotus Smoke" Cocktail Glass - Debenhams, £6.75 // 6. Genevieve Side Table - Urban Outfitters, £100 // 7. Teal 12-Piece Dinner Set - Next, £40 // 8. Bird 3 Tier Cake Stand - Cath Kidston, £20 // 9. Retro Coffee Canvas Wall Art - ASDA, £8 // 10. Spider-Man Canvas Print - Disney Store, £14.99 // 11. Glass Jar with Cork Lid - John Lewis, £4 // 12. Neon Orange Wire Candle Holder - Oliver Bonas, £16 // 13. Little Bird Salt and Pepper Pots - Next, £5 // 14. Newgate Covent Garden Alarm Clock - John Lewis, £12 // 15. Emma Bridgewater Polka Dot Biscuit Jar - John Lewis, £39.95.

Has this inspired you to update your home decor?
KJ xo

Leave a note