May Favourites 2014

Post date: Friday 30 May 2014


It seems a little unbelievable to me that June has rolled around already. For the last four years of my life, May has meant revision, exams, deadlines, stress and a fair few tears; it's been pretty blissful not having those worries this year and being able to spend the occasional sunny days sitting in pub gardens and the drizzly ones snuggling under the duvet. It also means that I have no excuse to be slack on the blogging front, so here we go with another set of monthly favourites...


When it comes to clothes, I basically rotate outfits on a bi-weekly basis. I'll live in jeans and a t-shirt for a fortnight, before completely wearing out a skirt and crop top for the rest of the month. I got a new pair of Topshop jeans for my birthday, which I have completely and utterly fallen in love with, and subsequently not taken off since. For years I hated jeans, and then I discovered the Leigh jeans from Topshop, and now I've discovered the Jamie jeans. These have the perfect amount of stretch in them to make them soft and comfy as opposed to the stiff denim I loathe so much. With the ends rolled up, a t-shirt and a pair of Converse, these have completely restored my faith in jeans. I also picked up this t-shirt whilst I was in Oxford, which is absolutely 100% authentic university merchandise... which I got for £5 in a little shop on a street corner. Nonetheless, no one needs to know I'm not a student and wearing it makes me feel all preppy and cool. 

 In the month of May, I have finally perfected my daily make-up routine. Up until a year ago, I was a strictly concealer and mascara kinda gal; however, since I started indulging in so many beauty blogs, I've found myself lusting after foundations and brushes and blushers every time I went in to Boots. After getting the Real Techniques Core Collection kit on Cohorted for just £13, I decided it was time to bite the bullet and actually buy some products to put on the brushes. Now, my make-up routine consists of: Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation, Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer, Collection Bronze Glow Mosaic Powder and Revlon Highlighting Palette. When combined, these products create the rosy glow that I have dreamed of achieving for so long. The Real Techniques Buffing Brush is a particular favourite, as it really helps to even out foundation and give a smooth, natural finish. 

 Whilst I was at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour, I had to treat myself to a few souvenirs. Whilst I obviously needed a Mrs Weasley style knitted jumper and a full set of Quidditch robes, I vowed not to buy anything ridiculously overpriced, and to only purchase things that I could actually use regularly. A tumblr and notebook with the Hogwarts crest on seemed like reasonable purchases, seeing as I drink a lot of squash, and I like to make notes. In hindsight, the Quidditch robes would've been more fun.

Finally, I have a new app-diction... (Get it? Addiction... Apps... App-diction... Ha. Ha.) QuizUp is pretty much just an app where you choose a topic, and answer questions on it against an online opponent. This is great for people like me who get addicted to TV shows and singers and like to show off my knowledge of them. The more questions you answer correctly, the more levels you climb, meaning that you gain different statuses based on the topic, like "Central Perk Regular" and "Veela"; isn't that fun?!

What have you been loving this month?
KJ xo
2 people left notes on May Favourites 2014
  1. I've come across your blog and I love it a lot! Your posts are well-written and the photos that come with them are well-taken as well. Oxford is my dream university, actually Hope you find the time to check out my blog too :) x

    theresegabrielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Really want the Revlon blush!

    Could you check out my blog and follow it on bloglovin? I will follow back! I am having a giveaway on my blog and I would love it, if you would take a look at it, enter and possibly win!

    Stay fancy!
    xxx Kelly-Louise

    http://fancysince1992.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete