April Favourites

Post date: Saturday 3 May 2014


This year May has arrived so abruptly that it's almost rude; I wasn't quite done with April and before I knew it, May was just staring me right in the face. However, the passing of another thirty days brings with it another monthly favourites post, and this month's pretty much consists of a conglomeration of girly fabulousness.

On April 14th, 2014, I lost my eyelash curling virginity. 
Up until then, I had been terrified of these contraptions; seriously, clamping metal around my eyelashes is a big no from me. However, I happened to purchase a copy of InStyle that came with a free Eyeko pair, and I decided to finally bite the bullet and give them a go. BEST DECISION EVER. My whole world has changed since using them; even the shoddiest of mascaras seem to work wonders after giving my lashes a little extra curl. I vow to the beauty Gods to use an eyelash curler for all eternity from this day forward.
I also have a new favourite mascara; Le Volume De Chanel, of course. Undoubtedly it's a little pricey, but it is hands down the best mascara I have ever used. Although it's branded as a volumising mascara, it creates the most gorgeously long and fluttery eyelashes I ever did see... it's hard to believe they're actually my own!

It's been a good two years since I've become the owner of a new perfume, and after receiving Paul Smith's Floral for my birthday it has definitely shot right up to KJ's favourite fragrance spot. It's a beautifully light and summery scent, and putting it on makes me feel like one of those girls that walks in to a room and fills it with whatever gorgeously aromatic scent she's wearing (I'm pretty sure this doesn't actually happen when I walk in to rooms, but a girl can dream). 

This Phil Smith curling wand is officially my new favourite toy. 
Having naturally curly hair means I've never had much use for a curling iron, but I was desperate to jump on the bandwagon and see what all the fuss is about, and now I understand. The barrel of this wand is quite thin, and I have extremely thick hair, so my favourite method is to curl my hair in big chunky sections, leaving me with loose beachy waves. I have also discovered that if I go ahead and curl my hair one small section at a time, and then ruffle it up a little at the roots, I am left with crazy 70's style curls that are pretty fun too. 

To create this look, I separated my hair in to 1-2" sections before curling... like you're probably supposed to. This isn't my favourite look, but if I sleep on it then I'm left with lovely textured waves and curls the next day. I suppose some would call that "bedhead". 

Last month I embarked on a slight love affair with rings. I literally owned three rings before going a little crazy and purchasing about thirty from H&M. It's just so easy when they come in perfectly matched sets! I feel a lot more cool and accessorized walking around with twelve different rings on one hand. Whether I look cool or not is a different story. My brother also got me a vintage ring with a beautiful purple stone in it that is a great piece of statement jewellery. 

Are there any products you were loving in the month of April?
KJ xo
5 people left notes on April Favourites
  1. Your hair looks amazing, really pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it makes me very happy when people compliment my hair :)
      KJ xo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you :) I just printed out all my favourite photos from Tumblr and stuck them up - it's quite addictive, the whole wall was soon covered!
      KJ xo

      Delete
  3. That curling iron seems amazing! I usually don't use heat on my hair because it's naturally curly but I think I might have to give this a go.
    Rita x
    http://dashofcurves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete