Elemis Pro-Radiance Illuminating Flash Balm Review

Post date: Saturday 22 March 2014

A few months back, I got a 15ml sample tube of Elemis' Pro-Radiance Illuminating Flash Balm (try saying that five times, fast!) free with a copy of Cosmo. Like most sample products, I tried it once and then tossed it in to the place where make-up products go to die; the bottom drawer.
Having suffered from dull skin lately, I decided to dig this little gem back out and applied it slightly more liberally. To my delight, it worked wonders. In all honesty, I had never heard of Elemis before sampling this product, and after looking at their retail prices (£32 for a full sized tube of this Flash Balm) I realised that they weren't quite within my price range. I researched the brand a little further and whilst I find the design of their webpage rather offensive, they claim to be "the leading luxury British spa and skincare brand", which isn't too shabby for KJ. 

I think the fact that it's described as an anti-ageing product is what originally put me off this product, however after seeing it produce the "smooth, even and dewy luminosity" that it promises on the bottle I couldn't simply stop using it. I use two pea-sized drops of this over my regular moisturiser on a day-to-day basis, and it leaves my skin looking so radiant that I don't feel the need to apply any other products on top. On the occasions that I have gone on to apply the whole shabam, I've noticed that my foundation and blush sit a lot better on my skin. The product also has a really unique scent, sort of how I would imagine expensive spa products that are jam packed with things that are good for your skin would smell. I think "organic" might be the word I'm looking for there. 
Overall I am very impressed with this product, which isn't something I say often about skin products as I tend to find none of them ever actually do what they say on the bottle. I would highly recommend purchasing one of these sample sized tubes if you suffer from dull skin, or want to get beautifully glowing skin without having to cake on layers of foundation and highlighters. After finishing my first tube, I scoured the deep, dark corners of the internet and got involved in some rather intense bidding wars until I finally won a tube for a mere £3.49; nothing compared to the £12 they're worth! 15ml lasts me about 6 weeks, so it's not too shoddy of a deal, either. 





Being the expert multi-tasker that I am, I just made my first SheInside purchase whilst writing this post. I am feeling a little nervous though, I know a lot of bloggers love their products but I have also read some reviews citing poor quality and products not turning up! So, if you have bought anything from them please let me know about your experiences with them to (hopefully) put my mind at rest!
KJ xo

Leave a note