March Favourites 2014

Post date: Friday 28 March 2014

This month I've discovered some new beauty products (and re-discovered some old ones!), and so decided to do a little "favourites" post. I'm not exactly an old hand at these types of posts, so you'll have to bear with me as I'm yet to learn about "favourites" posts etiquette.  

First up is Rimmel's Match Perfection Illuminating Concealer (Boots, £5.99). Before now, I'd been using Rimmel's Wake Me Up Concealer, but I've found this one blends in to my skin a lot easier and gives a much dewier, even finish. If you're looking for a new concealer, I would definitely recommend the Match Perfection range over the Wake Me Up range, as the products give my skin a really healthy glow.



 Last Christmas, I was given a Topshop Lip Marker in the shade "Berry". As with a lot of products, I used it a couple of times but somehow never ended up introducing it in to my daily routine and it ended up getting neglected and bullied by all my more favourable lip products. A few weeks ago I dug it back out and was delighted to find what a great product it actually is! Application is easy, as long as you're good at colouring inside the lines, it's highly pigmented and long lasting; what more could you ask for in a lip product? Oh right, for it to still be in stores! Unfortunately, Topshop no longer makes its Lip Markers, so I've had to purchase a Lip Crayon instead and let's just say we are not yet the best of friends. If anyone knows of any products similar to Topshop's Lip Markers, please let me know as I fear this one won't last forever!


Chanel's Le Vernis Nail Colour in "Black Satin" (Boots, £17.50) is a fairly new addition to my nail polish collection, but has been a firm favourite ever since it found its way in to the gang. I could rave about Chanel's nail products all day, but I'll try to keep it brief for you. You definitely get what you pay for; the paint is long lasting, the colours are vibrant and you get a high-quality looking sheen that I just don't get with other products. I also rediscovered an M&S polish in a sort of mink grey colour that I had been given as part of a gift set a while back. The colour never looked too appealing whilst in the bottle, but once I had coated all my nails in it I grew to love it as it came out a chic, mature shade. 
Frankly, I don't care about wearing pastel and bubblegum shades as it's almost Summer; these will be the only colours you shall see on my nails for a good few months!


Moving on from beauty favourites to something I'm a little more comfortable with; clothes. Hands down, my most worn item this month is this black cardigan from H&M. Now, it's important that you know I have real deep-rooted issues with H&M. I spend a lot of time being angry at them for the fact that I wasted all my pocket money buying plain t-shirts/t-shirts with ridiculous slogans on them from there back in 2007. I spend a lot more time being angry with them for the fact that some of their stores are full of amazing pieces, whilst others are full of disgracefully tacky items; what does a girl have to do to get some consistency around here?! The H&M in Cardiff was full of chic and sophisticated items; cream fur jackets and navy jumpsuits galore. I was trying not to spend money but could not resist this cardigan, knowing that it would be perfect for Spring and would go with almost any outfit. Alas, I was right and have barely taken it off since. 

 Finally, my favourite hairstyle of the month is this Katniss Everdeen inspired braid. I have been an absolute braiding ninja since about the age of 10, so for me this is a super easy style for the gym or seeing friends.  Braiding on a diagonal means it always ends up slightly loose and the tail of the braid falls nicely over my shoulder giving the whole style a much softer look than a regular Dutch Braid, which makes it much more versatile. I may do a tutorial on this soon, if people wanted one!


So, that's my beauty/fashion/hair favourites for March! What are you loving this month? 
I have almost reached 100 followers on Bloglovin, a huge milestone for me, so please go ahead and follow me if you're not already as every time I gain a new follower I feel like I'm full of macarons and Chanel and all things happy! 
KJ xo

Leave a note